One of the first Groupons I purchased was for 3 Laser Hair Removal Session for a small area. When I saw this Groupon I thought, "for $99, I'll never have to shave my under arms ever again!" Bargain!
Wrong! First, laser hair removal is considered semi-permanent and requires a follow up treatment twice a year after the initial treatment sessions are complete. Second, three session are not enough to achieve a semi hair free state. Here was my first Groupon lesson: do some independent research about what you are thinking of buying. For example, before purchasing a service that requires more than one session to achieve the desired affect, find out how many sessions it should take. Needless to say, after 3 painful sessions with a stone age laser my pits are still caveman-tastic and in need of a weekly date with a razor. The amount of hair that has grown back, post 3 treatments, seems the same as before the services.
How does laser hair removal work you say? Well, I have been told by several laser hair removal technicians that the light from the laser travels up the dark hair and to the root. When the light reaches the root, it explodes and/or damages the follicle. The damaged follicle can no longer grow hair. In order for this to happen the hair must be dark all the way to the root or the light will cease to travel up the shaft and the light dissipates leaving the root and follicle perfectly healthy to continue growing hair. I have also learned that 6 session with a more modern laser should be more effective for semi permanent hair removal.
I don't care too much about aesthetics, but this service provider's treatment room was in a closet, inside a hair salon at the mall... we both barely fit in this super tiny room. The laser was so old the technician spread a cooling gel on my skin and I had to aim a cooling air hose toward my pit as the technician was laser-ing to lessen the pain and the smell of burning hair. The service provider was also very hard to get a hold of when it came time to book appointments. My last appointment was cancelled 90 minutes before the appointment time. I tried to rebook with the following week and I could not get a call back for over 2 weeks. Not a pleasant experience. But laser hair removal doesn't have to be this way!
Ah, knowledge is power! I have since purchased a Groupon for 6 laser hair removal sessions for a medium area ($149). This Goupon is with a different business and the medium area I chose to have treated is the Brazilian bikini zone. I have had my first session and I have to say- this experience, though on a more sensitive area, is less painful and more effective. The equipment this technician uses is a much newer model of laser which has a cooling mechanism in the tip with the laser. I can promise minimal pain, because I can think of no more sensitive an area that the ham wallet.
Additionally, I have purchased a Groupon for 6 laser hair removal sessions for a small area ($99). And shall begin the continuing battle with my pit hair this Saturday!
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
ReplyDeletetransvesti
Awesome Detailed Blog
ReplyDeleteVisit us
back laser hair removal services