I purchased a $50 Groupn for a facial and paraffin hand treatment. It was offered at the office of a local dermatologist. The technician was nice and pleasant, the office was clean and bright and the service, though very clinical rather than spa like, was great!
Because we were in a dermatologist's office the technician was able to use a mini lancet to cut my skin and remove the milia, small white pearly bumps in clogged pores. It pinched, but did not hurt and I did notice some redness afterwards, but it was worth it. Two days later, my skin was healed and clear.
Additionally, going to this office allowed me to meet with the dermatologist who removed (via electric needle) a blood blister under my eye that I had for years. I had consulted two other dermatologists about this procedure, but always avoided having this service done because the procedure was not covered by insurance and the cost was $500. This dermatologist charged me $150 and even allowed me to return to the office for an additional treatment (of the same area) free of charge.
Because of Groupon I now have a new dermatologist who I trust!
No comments:
Post a Comment