Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guy Smiley, spokesperson- Zoom! Teeth Whitening

I purchased a Groupon for Zoom! Teeth Whitening for $149. I was very excited about his one. I sort of thought at first my teeth would be so white they would glow in black light like Ross from Friends... no such luck.

The office was lovely and the technician was very nice. The procedure however, not so pleasant. Here's the process: 1- lips are help open with a plastic device, 2- back teeth hold a spacer so your top and bottom teeth are slightly apart, 3- lips are covered with paper for their protection, 4- stinging good is spread over your teeth, 5- glasses are placed over eyes for protection, 6- a laser is placed close to your mouth... for about an hour. I was allowed to watch TV. Then, after the first hour, more gel is applied and the laser is placed back against your chompers for another 30 minutes. At the end of the additional 30 minutes, you can go for an additional 30 or end the session for extra whitening. I chose to end the session because I was so uncomfortable. During the procedure, some gel touched my lip and it became swollen and eventually turned into a sore. I was told that I could only have clear or white foods for the next 2 days. I didn't mind this too much as my teeth hurt so badly I didn't want to eat anything at all.

Nobody warned me about the pain. I was very satisfied with the results even now, over a month later. A word of warning, if you are having this done for a special event, do it 1 to 2 weeks before the event. Nobody wants to wince in pain when the mini quiche goes around, however downing straight vodka at the next family gathering in place of your usually glass of red wine could be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment